After having suggested our own definitions of Sex and Magick – it follows naturally that we shall undertake a similar definition of the term Sexmagick in our understanding. In doing so, we’ll be conducting somewhat of a synthesis of the two terms it is composed of, while also contextualizing it in our own flavor of it – giving the needed space to the kink related aspects of it, those being the effects being caused by power exchange dynamics (vulgo: BDSM-like practices).
Let’s begin with examining a quote from one of the earliest sources of practical sexmagick in the Western world:
After removing some of the 19th-century zeitgeist (namely heteronormativity & marriage-and-prayer-as-frameworks-for-practice) there’s quite some remarkable thoughts to take away:
- “intelligent and loving wife, with whom he is in complete accord” –> both (all?) individuals involved have to be capable of comprehending what is commencing, there has to be certain level of sympathy between both (all?) of the individuals involved
- “he can work out the problems [of how to achieve magical results] by her aid. […] it is best for both man and wife to act together for the attainment of the mysterious objects sought.” –> both individuals are needed, one aids the other – it’s a combination of the two principles (male / female, active / passive, solve / coagula)undoubtedly solo-practice can be effective too, a fact which however does not contradict
- “The rite is a prayer in all cases, and the most powerful [that] earthly beings can employ…” –> such practice is taking advantage of the most potent sources practitioners can draw from
Sexmagick summarizes a variety of practices drawing upon an omnipresent and tremendously powerful source of energyenergy being a hard to define term in this context, using it for lack of good alternative to yield results, according to the willthe question whether or not a free will actually exists is not relevant to our purposes here, it is being touched upon however in the (future) post about Will Statements of the equal parties conducting the respective practices.
Now, how can this be put to practice then? First a further working hypothesis is to be introduced and accepted for our purposes here:
The human subconsciousness has capabilities which are unavailable to the conscious mind if not addressed in specific ways.
Secondly, we’ll subscribe to, and expand upon what we quoted Ralph Tegtmeier with earlier – conducting Sexmagick in the Sunai Institute’s flavor consists of three core aspectseach of which we’ll dedicate a post of its own to in the near future:
- defining a statement of will and transforming it into a symbol the human subconsciousness can understand
- being able to apply the skill of visualization
- making use of an altered state of mind – induced by erotic activity, making use of power exchange and kink techniques
Thus a not unduly simplified summary of Sexmagick-al activities would read as follows:
A specific outcome is defined, translated into a symbol and passed on to the subconsciousness for processing and materialization. The passing on happens in the climatic moment of orgasm(s), brought about by kink / power exchange erotic activity.
Guides for experimentation will be made available on our pages in due course.
|↑1||undoubtedly solo-practice can be effective too, a fact which however does not contradict|
|↑2||energy being a hard to define term in this context, using it for lack of good alternative|
|↑3||the question whether or not a free will actually exists is not relevant to our purposes here, it is being touched upon however in the (future) post about Will Statements|
|↑4||each of which we’ll dedicate a post of its own to in the near future|